Terms and Conditions
Dubai First branded credit cards Terms and Conditions
|View English versionView Arabic version|
Dubai First branded credit cards Master Credit Card Conditions
Effective from 27 March 2020
|View English versionView Arabic version|
Other Terms and Conditions
EASY PURCHASE PLAN Terms and Conditions
- Easy Purchase Plan” (EPP) means any payment plan offered by Dubai First as a benefit to a Cardmember for extended payment of any purchase whether cash or retail.
- Dubai First Easy Purchase Plan is open to the holders of Dubai First Visa/MasterCard credit card issued by Dubai First. Dubai First Easy Purchase Plan is hereinafter referred to as “EPP”.
- The purpose of EPP is to enable the Cardmember to purchase selected goods and services offered by specific merchants determined by Dubai First from time to time using the limit available on his/her credit card and repay the amount of the purchase in equal monthly instalments with these Terms & Conditions.
- The EPP is offered exclusively to the Cardmember, as long as his/her Credit Card is in good standing as per Dubai First’s regulations. Any Cardmember who meets the Dubai First Credit Cards General Terms & Conditions will be automatically eligible for EPP. EPP is available for both Primary and Supplementary Cardmembers.
- When availing of the EPP for selected goods and services, the Cardmember will have to pay deferred payment charges for the facility of paying in equal monthly instalments. The total amount of EPP (the “Total EPP Price”) will be the sum of the purchase price of the goods and services and the deferred payment charges.
- The selected goods and services offered by the selected merchants, the deferred payment charges applicable and the number of monthly instalments to be paid (the “EPP Term” for each good and service shall be determined by Dubai First from time to time and communicated to the Cardmember accordingly (hereinafter referred to as the “Offer”).
- The deferred payment charges and the EPP Term will vary from one Offer to another.
- Dubai First will authorize an EPP transaction provided that the Total EPP Price is within the Cardmember’s available total credit limit available on his/her credit card and the Cardmember’s credit card is in good standing as per Dubai First’s rules and regulations adopted by Dubai First at the time of conducting the transaction.
- If the Cardmember is interested in availing of any Offer under the EPP he/she has to call up Dubai First or send a specific form providing relevant details duly signed and authorised to Dubai First. Dubai First will then convert the transaction into an EPP transaction in accordance with these Terms & Conditions and the provisions applicable to that specific Offer in respect of the deferred payment charges and the number of instalments
- The amount to be paid every month “EPP Monthly Instalment” will be computed by dividing the Total EPP Price by the EPP Term. (The Total EPP Price is arrived by adding the Purchase Price of the goods or services and the deferred payment charges).
- The EPP Monthly Instalment shall be billed to the Cardmember starting from the immediately following statement date after the date of purchase and every month thereafter until the Total EPP Price is billed in full.
- When a Cardmember makes a purchase under the EPP, the Minimum Payment Due on the statement will be the sum of the EPP Monthly Instalments plus 5% of Current Balance less the EPP Monthly Instalments plus the amount by which the Current Balance is in excess of the Credit Limit plus all past Minimum Amounts Due, if any.
- If the Cardmember pays less than the Minimum Payment Due on the due date specified in the Cardmember’s credit card monthly statement then charges as per the existing Credit Cards Terms & Conditions governing the issue and use of the Dubai First Credit Card will become applicable.
- If the Cardmember does not make a payment equal to or more than the Minimum Payment Due specified for two consecutive statements or if the Card Account is closed then Dubai First will at its sole discretion cancel the EPP and an amount equal to the total EPP Price less the EPP monthly instalments already billed to the Cardmember will be immediately billed to the Card Account in one lump sum. Dubai First will also charge an EPP Cancellation Fee of AED 125 for the above
- The Cardmember may request for reducing or increasing the EPP Term i.e. the number of EPP instalments. Dubai First may review the request and may agree to the Cardmember’s request and charge a nominal fee (hereinafter called the “EPP Rescheduling Fee”) to the Cardmember’s credit card account for processing the same.
- The Cardmember will be allowed the option of prepaying the Total EPP Instalment Price in one lump sum prepayment. There will be a nominal fee (hereinafter called the “EPP Cancellation Fee”) to process this request for the Cardmember.
- The good(s) including any and all replacements, accessions & accessories thereto purchased by the Cardmember under EPP shall remain Dubai First’s absolute property until the Total EPP Price is paid in full and all of these Terms & Conditions are completely complied with. The Cardmember shall not be the owner of the good(s) until such date and he/she will not make any prior statement or allegations in this respect. The Cardmember shall not sell or rent mortgage or assign the good(s) or encumber it to waive its acquisitions or in any other way deal in the good(s) or any interest therein or any person or party. The Cardmember shall exercise proper diligence in the use and maintenance of the good(s).
- Dubai First will not be liable for any damages or loss incurred by the Cardmember arising out of the purchase, installation, and use or otherwise of the good(s) and/or service(s) under EPP. Any complaint as to the quality of the good(s) purchased or service(s) rendered through EPP shall be referred to the supplier or merchant and shall not affect Cardmember’s obligation to continue paying the EPP Monthly Instalments to Dubai First.
- Dubai First is entitled at any time and without prior notice or liability to Cardmember in any manner whatsoever to terminate EPP or cancel or vary its benefits or features, or vary or add or delete any of these Terms & Conditions. However, such termination shall not affect transactions concluded by the Cardmember and accepted by Dubai First under EPP before the termination decision. Dubai First is also entitled to determine a floor limit for the minimum amount of purchase allowable under EPP for each particular offer.
- Dubai First reserves the right to disqualify any Cardmember from further participation in EPP, if in its judgment, that Cardmember has in any way violated the rules and conditions herein, or has violated Dubai First Credit Cards Terms & Conditions. Suspension and disqualification shall not lead to termination of transactions already concluded by the Cardmember and accepted by Dubai First before such decision.
- Dubai First shall be entitled to disallow/refuse any transaction submitted by the Card member to it under EPP without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Dubai First shall not be liable if it is to perform its obligations under these Terms & Conditions, due directly or indirectly to the failure of any machinery or communication system, industrial dispute, war or act of God, or any thing outside the control of Dubai First. Nor shall Dubai First be responsible for any delay in transmission to Dubai First of evidence of EPP by the specified merchants or any other third party.
- The Terms & Conditions herein shall be without prejudice to the existing Credit Cards Terms & Conditions of Dubai First, governing the issue of the use of Dubai First’s Credit Card and shall apply to the EPP.
- If at any time dispute arises in connection with either the EPP or these Terms & Conditions, Dubai First’s decision in connection with the same shall be final and binding. Dubai First reserves the right to terminate the EPP without prior notice.
DUBAI FIRST REWARDS Terms and Conditions
- Dubai First Rewards program is offered to Dubai First’s Primary Cardmembers. No special enrolment or fee is required, although First Abu Dhabi Bank PJSC (the “Bank”) reserves the right to introduce an enrolment fee at a later date.
- During the program period for Dubai First Rewards, the eligible Cardmembers will be awarded 1 DubaiDinar (”DD”) for every 1 UAE Dirham charged by the Cardmember of the Card Account for purchase of select good(s) and service(s). The Bank reserves the right to change at any time and without prior notice the ratio between the following:
- • The number of DD to be awarded;
- • The specified amount charged to the Cardmember’s Account;
- • to change the ratio of award for selected Transactions, and;
- • to change the eligibility of Transactions for earning DD.
- Transactions that are eligible for DDs will be all retail transactions. DDs will not be earned for Cash Advances including purchase of traveller cheques, casino chip purchases etc. and all charges and fees billed to Card Account. The Bank may amend the above list of transactions eligible for DDs from time to time at its discretion. The Bank’s decision as to what constitutes an eligible transaction for the earning of DDs shall be final and conclusive.
- DDs accrue in the Primary Cardmember’s account, but may be earned through Supplementary Card usage as well.
- The Cardmember can redeem the DDs issued at any time subject to clause 21.6 and 21.7
- Participants in good standing who had closed their Card Account can redeem their DDs within 30 days from the date of closure.
- The Bank reserves the right to suspend or exclude any Cardmember from participating or continuing to participate in Dubai First Rewards program if:
- • In its opinion any Cardmember has in anyway breached these Terms & Conditions, or
- • In its opinion any Cardmember’s conduct of account is in a manner inconsistent with the object and the intent of Dubai First Rewards.
- The Bank may at its discretion cancel all DDs, which have been accrued on the Card Account if the Card Account is suspended or excluded from participation in Dubai First Rewards program.
- Unless the Bank hears from the Cardmember within 15 days from receipt of the monthly Statement of Account, the DD details for the Card Account are considered correct.
- The Bank will from time to time issue a Rewards Catalogue which will set out the number of DDs required to exchange for a specific goods and/or services.
- The Bank may at any time at its discretion suspend or terminate Dubai First Rewards by giving a written notice to a Cardmember in advance. If The Bank terminates Dubai First Rewards, then it may specify the period after that termination point within which a Cardmember may redeem outstanding DDs. At the end of that period, remaining DDs will be null and void. No entitlement will accrue in respect of any use of a Card made after the termination of Dubai First Rewards or during any period of suspension of Dubai First Rewards. Suspension or termination notification will be communicated to Cardmembers through mail to the address to which Statements of Account are sent and posted at all branches.
- The Bank reserves the right to vary or cancel any benefits or features of Dubai First Rewards without notice.
- The Bank shall be entitled to have an agent or contractor to undertake fulfilment of all or part of Dubai First Rewards on its behalf. The Cardmember consents to the Bank supplying any such agent or contractor with such information as is required by them to perform their duties.
- Program Validity: Dubai First Rewards program is an evergreen program without any expiry. However the Bank reserves the right to limit the validity of the Rewards program at any point as it deems fit by providing an advance notice to the Cardmembers.
These terms and conditions apply as of 10th September 2015 and supersede all previous versions thereof.
DUBAI MEMENTOS Terms and Conditions
- Dubai Mementos (DM) is offered to Dubai Moments Platinum and Titanium Primary Card members as part of Dubai First Rewards Program. No special enrolment or fee is required, although the Bank reserves the right to introduce an enrolment fee at a later date
- Eligible Card members will be awarded Dubai Memento/s (”DM”) for every 1 UAE Dirham spend by the Card member from the respective Card Account for purchase of select good(s) and service(s), as follows:
|Spend Category||Dubai Moments Titanium Card||Dubai Moments Platinum card|
- The Bank reserves the right to change at any time and without prior notice the ratio between the following:
- • The number of DM to be awarded;
- • Value of the DMs awarded to Card member’s Account;
- • to change the ratio of DMs awarded for selected Transactions, and;
- • to change the eligibility of Transactions for earning DM.
- Transactions that are eligible for DMs will be all retail transactions.
- The Bank may, at its sole and absolute discretion and without prior notice to the Cardholder vary the transactions that are eligible for DMs (which shall be conclusive and binding on the Cardholder).
- The following transactions are not eligible for DMs:
- • purchases made using the Card that are subsequently cancelled, refunded or credited to the Card Account;
- • utility bill payments;
- • government charges;
- • any transaction that the Bank deems at its sole and absolute discretion as under dispute, erroneous, unauthorised, illegal and/or fraudulent;
- • Cash Advances including purchase of traveller cheques, casino chip purchases etc;
- • Loan on Phone, Balance Transfer or Quick Cash
- • all charges and fees billed to Card Account
- The Bank may amend the above list of transactions eligible for DMs from time to time at its discretion. Dubai First’s decision as to what constitutes an eligible transaction for the earning of DMs shall be final and conclusive.
- DMs accrue in the Primary Card member’s account, but may be earned through Supplementary Card usage as well. DMs awarded to the Card Members will be shown in the Card member’s monthly statement and will be redeemable in the manner as set out in the Rewards Catalogue and valid for redemption against the items as per the latest Rewards Catalogue (available over the website www.dubaifirst.com) and are only redeemable by the Card member if the Card Account is operating (not cancelled or terminated) and current (no past due balances).
- The Card member can redeem the DMs issued at any time subject to the terms and conditions mentioned herein. However Dubai first reserves its right to be exercised at any time, without prior notice to Card member, to apply time limitation on the validity of the DMs earned by the Card members and credited to the Card Account.
- Any request placed for the redemption of DMs against the items available in the Rewards Catalogue is subject to Dubai First’s approval, the availability of the items at the time of placing the redemption request by the Card member as well as any restriction applied by the suppliers of the item selected. The Bank may without prior notice to the Card Member withdraw or substitute any items selected item with any other item in the rewards catalogue of comparable value or nature.
- Card members in good standing should redeem their outstanding DMs prior to their request for cancellation of the Card Account.
- The Bank reserves the right to suspend or exclude any Card member from participating or continuing to participate in Dubai Mementos, if
- • In its opinion any Cardmember has in anyway breached these Terms & Conditions, or
- • In its opinion any Cardmember ’s conduct of account is in a manner inconsistent with the object and the intent of Dubai Mementos Terms and conditions
- The Bank may at its discretion cancel all DMs, which have been accrued on the Card Account if the Card Account is suspended or excluded from participating in Dubai Mementos program.
- Unless The Bank hears from the Cardmember within 15 days from receipt of the monthly Statement of Account, the DM details for the Card Account are considered correct. The Bank will from time to time issue a Rewards Catalogue and will be publi8shed in the company website (www.dubaifirst.com)which will set out the number of DMs required to exchange for a specific goods and/or services.
- The Bank may at any time at its discretion suspend or terminate Dubai Mementos program by giving a notice in the form of SMS or email to the Cardmember ’s contact details available with the Bank. If the Bank terminates Dubai Mementos program, then it may specify the period after that termination point within which a Cardmember may redeem outstanding DMs. At the end of that period, remaining DMs will be null and void. No entitlement will accrue in respect of any use of a Card made after the termination of Dubai Mementos program or during any period of suspension of Dubai First Rewards Program. Suspension or termination notification will be communicated to Cardmembers to the address to which Statements of Account are sent and posted at all branches.
- The Bank reserves the right to vary or cancel any benefits or features of Dubai Mementos without notice.
- The Bank shall be entitled to have an agent, or contractor (Supplier) on its behalf to undertake fulfilment of all or part of Dubai Mementos accrued to the Card Account. The Cardmember consents to the Bank supplying any such agent or contractor with such information as is required by them to perform their duties.
- The Bank shall only be responsible for forwarding the Card Members DMs fulfillment request to the Supplier. The Bank is and shall not be considered at any time as the Supplier of the items available in the Rewards Catalogue for the redemption of DMs and its fulfillment.
- Redemption request once submitted to the Bank cannot be cancelled, revoked or altered by the Card member.
- Dubai Mementos redeemed upon Card member’s request will not be refunded.
- The Bank shall not be liable for any loss of profit, savings, contract, revenue, interest or goodwill or any consequential, indirect, incidental, special or punitive loss, damage or expenses or loss of data sustained by the Card member as a result of redeeming the DMs and/or possessing or using the redeemed DMs nor shall the Bank be responsible or held liable for any amount payable by the card member to any third party arising out of the fulfillment of DMs or any negligence, breach of statutory or other duty on the part of the Bank and/or the Supplier.
- The Bank gives no warranty whatsoever(whether expressed or implied) and undertakes no liability I respect of the quality of items in the Rewards Catalogue for fulfillment of DMs or their suitability or fitness for any purpose.
- DMs earned on a particular transaction have a validity period of 36 months from the date on which the DMs have been earned.
- The Bank reserves the right to limit or modify the validity of the Dubai Mementos at any point as it deems fit , with or without notice to the Card member which will be published in our website from time to time.
- The Bank will not be liable for any delays or disruptions of the DM fulfillment or crediting of any accrued DMs due to any Force Majeure event including but not limited to system failure, fire, war, earthquake etc. or any act of nature or other causes of like character beyond the control of the Bank or any of the Suppliers.
These terms and conditions supersede all previous versions thereof and will be in effect from 05th Nov 2019
DUBAI FIRST CASHBACK SCHEME Terms and Conditions
- Cash back is offered to Titanium Life/Dubai First Cash Back Card, Emirati Card, Dubai First Classic MasterCard and Gold MasterCard credit cardholders. No special enrolment or fees are required, although the Bank reserves the right to introduce an enrolment fee at a later date.
- The term cash back credit cardholders wherever used in these terms and conditions shall mean to include Titanium Life/Dubai First Cash Back Card, Emirati Card, Dubai First Classic MasterCard and Gold MasterCard.
Cash back credit cardholder shall be eligible for cash back subject to these terms and conditions.
The following Terms and conditions shall be applicable to Dubai First Cash Back Program. Kindly note that the Terms and conditions stated herein form an integral part of the General Terms and Conditions of Dubai First Credit Card and should be read in addition to the same. You shall be deemed to have accepted all Terms and Conditions contained herein upon signing or activating and/ or using the Dubai First Credit Card.
Any term referenced in the below Terms and Conditions, but not defined herein would be interpreted in accordance with Dubai First Credit Card- General Terms and Conditions.
- Dubai First Cash Back Program/Program refers to the Cash Back reward loyalty program offered the Bank to its eligible Card members for retail purchases on their Credit Card.
- Cash Back Amount means the Amount that Card members can earn to redeem against Cash Back for all eligible transactions on their eligible Dubai First Credit Card as determined by the Bank from time to time.
- Domestic Spends means any eligible retail spends done within the UAE
- International Spends means any eligible retail spends done outside the UAE in any currency other than in UAE Dirhams.
B.CASH BACK FEATURE
- Cash Back is a cash denominated loyalty reward accrued vide transactions performed on the cash back credit card, that are categorized as eligible by the Bank from time to time.
- The Bank may impose and/or vary the fee and charges applicable to the Program at its sole discretion from time to time.
- Cash Back Amount accumulated under the Card member’s Credit Card Account will be valid for redemption against equivalent Cash only in Dirham’s (AED) which will be awarded to the Card member through a credit transaction to his /her card upon his/her request for redemption. No cheques or cash will be issued by the Bank as part of this Program.
- In order for a Card member to benefit from Dubai First Cash Back Program, his/her applicable Credit Cards must be valid and in good standing as per the criteria and standards applied by the Bank from time to time, including:
- • Any primary and supplementary card(s) that are issued to the Card member
- • All other services availed with the Bank, including loans.
- The Bank would specify a minimum amount, which shall govern the eligibility for the redemption of Cash Back for a particular Cash Back credit card member.
- The accumulation of Cash Back from the amount spent may vary across the type of cards during a particular month.
- Dubai First cash back Program allows the Cash Back card member to be eligible for Cash Back on retail purchase and transactions incurred. However, a particular transaction shall not be deemed to be termed as an eligible cash back transaction, if the same is accrued as a result of the following:
- • All/Any penalty fees
- • Annual fees, membership fees or renewal fees
- • Balance transfer
- • Loan on phone
- • Dial a cheque at 0% Interest
- • Retail Transactions converted into 0% interest Easy Purchase Plan
- • Easy Purchase plan enrollment fee (if charged)
- • Retail spends made under the categories defined as “Utilities” and “Government services” as defined by Visa/MasterCard.
- • Transactions made at exchange houses
- • Finance charges
- • Cash and quasi cash transactions
- • Transactions reversed by Merchants
- • All /Any other fees and charges that are levied by the Bank and or specified as ineligible transactions by the Bank at its sole discretion.
- To qualify for a Cash Back accrual, the Cash Back credit card member’s minimum monthly spend should be as under:
- • Classic MasterCard- AED 500
- • Dubai First Cash Back Card, Dubai First Titanium Cash Back Card , Dubai First Emirati Card – AED 1
- • Dubai First Gold MasterCard- AED 1000
D.ACCRUAL OF CASH
- A Cash Back credit card member becomes eligible for a Cash Back as per the promotional schemes offered by the Bank from time to time.
- • A Cardholder cannot accrue Cashback for any retail purchase(s) incurred prior to his/her Enrolment Date.
- • Cashback accumulated by a Cardholder on the Card cannot be combined or used in conjunction with Cashback of his/her other Cards at the time of redemption or transferred to any other card or customer loyalty program unless otherwise specifically notified by the Bank.
- • The Cashback is not transferable by operation of law or otherwise to any other person or entity. The Cashback is an accrual payable solely at the discretion of the Bank; it is not an attachable account balance and neither is it a balance which may be transferred to any other person or entity.
- • The accrued Cashback has a monetary value on redemption; it can be redeemed only as a credit to the Primary Card account.
- The Bank reserves the right to alter, amend and change the Cash Back slabs at any time without prior notification to the Card member.
- The maximum Cash Back accrual that a Classic MasterCard, Dubai First Cash Back Card, Dubai First Titanium Cash Back Card, Dubai First Emirati Card and Dubai First Gold MasterCard card members can avail during a particular month shall not exceed AED 1,000.
- The maximum Cash Back accrual that a Dubai First Cash Back/ Titanium Life credit card member can earn on Dining and Entertainments purchases during a particular month shall not exceed AED 200, Cash Back earned on both categories combined will be included in and will be subject to the maximum monthly cash back of AED 1,000 per month.
- The 5% cash back is only applicable on Dubai First Cash Back/ Titanium Life transactions carried out at merchants classified as Restaurant and Entertainment (including Motion Picture Theaters) merchants by MasterCard.
- The Bank is not responsible if a transaction does not get captured under the appropriate merchant category code.
- The Cash Back earned by a supplementary Card member will accrue to the account of the primary Card member.
E.CASH BACK ON INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTIONS
- Cash back will be awarded to a Cash Back cardmember on International transactions fulfilling minimum monthly spend criteria as specified by the Bank from time to time. The said bonus Cash Back will be calculated based on the transactions billed to the credit card statement for a particular billing month.
- The Bank shall also award additional cash back at its discretion, the inception and commencement of which shall be intimated by prior notification to the Cash Back credit cardmembers vide accepted modes of communication that shall be decided by the Bank from time to time.
- Any variation, alteration, modification, and/or amendment to the terms and conditions shall be published on the Dubai First website: www.dubaifirst.com/cashback and shall supersede the earlier terms and conditions communicated to the “Cardholder”
- The offers listed on the website, www.dubaifirst.com/cashback will be the valid offers at any point in time during the promo period. These offers may keep on changing during the offer period and for an updated list of all offers, customers should visit the website www. dubaifirst.com/cashback before deciding to avail the relevant benefit. The Bank shall not be liable for honoring any discount/benefit in case the offer no longer exists on the website.
- The Cash Back credit card member should accrue a minimum Cash Back of AED 100 at any point in time to be eligible for Cash Back redemption.
- A cash back credit card member can redeem the Cash Back at any time by lodging a request at the phone banking services (+9714 506 8888).
- The Bank does not specify a particular amount which can be redeemed as cash back. However, the Cash Back credit card member should have a minimum of AED 100 in his cash back purse to be eligible for the initial and any successive redemption.
- The cashback will be credited to the Primary Card Account within 10 working days of receipt of the redemption request from the Primary Cardholder.
- On redemption, Cash Back Amount balance will automatically be subtracted from the Cash Back Amount accumulated in the Card member’s Dubai First Credit Card Account.
- All redeemed Cash Back points shall be deemed as a payment made by the Bank to the cash back credit cardmember. However, such payment is made exclusively as part of the Cash Back Program offered by the Bank in accordance with these terms and conditions, and the same does not in any way create a monetary liability or obligation on the Bank in that regard.
- Any request placed for the redemption of Cash Back Amount is subject to the Bank’s approval of the redemption requested by the Card member, as well as any Dubai First Cash Back Terms & Conditions restrictions applied by the Bank for the redeemed Cash Back Amount.
- The Card member will not be able to cancel any redemption request once placed nor can this be reconverted back to Cash Back points accrued.
- In the event of the Cash Back credit card member ‘not falling within the eligibility criteria stipulated by the Bank in respect of transactions during a particular month, then the Cash Back credit card member cannot claim for Cash Back redemption in respect of that month.
- The Card member’s Cash Back Amount accumulated will be cancelled if the Cardmember’s eligible Credit Card account:
- • is Closed; or
- • is not in good standing(not maintaining good credit history) in the opinion of the Bank
- • in the event of death of the Card member
- • A breach of the Dubai First Credit Card – General Terms and conditions has occurred; or
- • Any other event, which, in the sole discretion of the Bank may result in the cancellation of the Dubai First Cash Back Amount.
- The bank may, at its sole discretion and without prior notice to the Card member, add to, amend or remove list eligibility criteria which shall be final and conclusive.
- The Cash Back accumulated is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of accrual. The Cash Back so accrued will have to be redeemed within the first 24 months of such accrual. In case the cash back credit card member does not redeem the Cash Back so accrued, the cash back accrued so far shall expire and the Bank reserves the right to retrieve such monies without prior notification to the Cash Back credit card member.
- The amounts accrued/redeemed by way of Cash Back shall be narrated in the statement of account for a particular billing month (during which time the Cash Back credit card member may have availed of the cash back Program).
- The books and records of the Bank shall be conclusive evidence in respect of the number of Cash Back Amount registered and credited to the Card member’s Dubai First Credit Card account.
- In the event the Primary Card account is voluntarily closed by the Primary Cardholder, the Cashback accumulated on his/her Card can be redeemed within 30 days of closure, subject to the same being requested in writing, otherwise the same shall automatically lapse and shall stand forfeited. In the event of cancellation of the Card for any other reason, all accumulated Cashback shall stand forfeited. If the Card is blocked or suspended for any reason whatsoever, then the Cashback accumulated shall stand forfeited but may be reinstated, at the sole discretion of the Bank.
- The Bank’s decision on computation, lapse, cancellation, forfeiture, credit, debit and re-instalment of Cashback shall be final, conclusive and binding on the Cardholder.
- The Bank may without prior notice to the Card member withdraw or substitute any of the Cash Back Amount for another reward of comparable value or nature.
G.ACCEPTANCE OF TELEPHONIC INSTRUCTIONS
- The Card member authorizes the Bank to accept telephonic request whenever the Bank receives a telephone call from a person who identifies himself/herself as being the Card member, and answers the identity verification questions successfully.
- The Card member agrees that the confirmation by the caller of the Card member’s identity, by provision of the personal details required by the Bank, will be sufficient evidence for the Bank to identify the caller and to act upon his/her instructions.
- The Card member hereby consents to the recording of such telephone calls by the Bank and accepts such recordings as evidence before a court of Law or any other legal proceedings with regards to the Cash Back Program.
- The Card member authorizes the Bank to accept instructions and/or requests by a letter, internet, IVR, SMS, or any other channel introduced and acceptable to the Bank from time to time.
- The Card member agrees that the Bank’s records pertaining to the Cash Back program will be final and binding.
- The Cash Back Program that is available on a Cash Back credit card member shall be operated with bonafide intentions and any fraud or misuse/abuse of the Program may result in the nullification of all accrued Cash Back or forfeiture of the said Program to the particular card member. The Bank reserves the right to cancel the credit card in case of such an eventuality of fraud or abuse of the above Program.
- The Cash Back Program is offered as an additional reward program. The said Program shall be a supplement to the existing General Terms and Conditions of Dubai First credit cards. In case of any dispute with regard to the Cash Back Program and the General Terms and Conditions that govern the usage of Dubai First credit card, then the Terms and Conditions governing such usage shall prevail.
- All the Cardmember’s accounts must be valid (meaning not cancelled or terminated) and current (meaning there are no past due balances on any of the Card member’s Card accounts) to be eligible for redemption of the Cash back. In the event of any of the Card member’s accounts being blocked/suspended/overdue for any reasons whatsoever or if the Card member breaches these Terms and Conditions, the Bank reserves the right to suspend the operation of the Cash back Program or cancel and nullify all the Cash back accumulated at its sole discretion.
- The Cash Back facility is not available for transactions intended for business or commercial use or on transactions conducted at establishments owned by the cash back credit card member either wholly or in part, or any other transactions deemed as inappropriate by the Bank from time to time. Any such transactions shall automatically disqualify the cash back credit cardmember from the Cash Back feature and the Bank reserves the right to recover such monies obtained by the Cash Back credit cardmember as a result of the cardmember engaging in such transactions.
- The Cash Back that is accrued as a result of the transactions shall be redeemed only when the same is billed to a Cash Back credit card member’s monthly statement (the word redemption wherever used has the meaning assigned to it and does not by itself provide/vest any right on the Cash Back credit card member to lodge a claim against The Bank in connection with the said expression).
- The Cash Back feature cannot be exchanged/swapped/ bartered with any of the rewards/loyalty schemes that the Bank may or might have offered from time to time.
- The Bank is and will remain entitled, at any time and without any prior notice or liability to the Card member in any manner whatsoever, to terminate the Cash Back Program and/or cancel and/or vary its benefits or features, and/or vary, add to or delete any of the Terms and Conditions outlined herein, and/or withdraw or change the participants of the Cash Back Program, and/or modify or limit the value and any time limitations on the validity of Cash Back and/or the manner of their redemption even though any of such acts may diminish the value of the Cash Back Amount already accumulated.
- The Cash Back Amount earned will not be transferable to any other person or entity.
I.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Bank shall not undertake any liability directly or indirectly arising out of or related to (i) the Cash Back Program or card member’s participation in the Cash Back Program; (ii) any failure, delay or decision by the Bank in administering the Cash Back Program or amending these Terms and Conditions or the basis on which card member can redeem Cash Back Amount (iii) unauthorized use of cardmember’s Credit Card; (iv) any offer, representation, statement or claim about the Cash Back Program.
- The Bank will not be liable for any delay in redemption requests of Cash Back due to any Force Majeure event including but not limited to system failure, fire, war, earthquakes, etc. or any act of nature or other causes of like character beyond the control of the Bank. The Bank would be deemed to have acted in good faith in response to any instruction to the card member in respect of any matter in relation to this program and fulfilment of any redemption request.
- The Card member shall not be entitled to claim or allege any loss, damage, liability, expense etc. attributable, directly or indirectly to any such good faith action of the the Bank and the Card member shall indemnify and hold the Bank harmless in respect thereof.
These terms and conditions supersede all previous versions thereof and will be in effect from 5 November 2019.
In case of early settlement customers have to pay the unbilled interest amount.