Dubai First was established in 2007 and is one of the leading consumer finance companies in the UAE, specializing in Liability, Loans and Credit Card products. The company strategy is based on building sustainable long term value through innovation in harnessing a genuine customer service experience. Since inception and with a strong, multi-cultural workforce of professionals, Dubai First sought out to develop a niche reputation in the consumer finance and credit cards sector. Fully operational out of Dubai, with branches in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah, Dubai First has managed to build a unique base of clients in the region.
Dubai First is a wholly owned subsidiary of First Gulf Bank (FGB), a major leading Bank in the UAE. FGB has a Shareholder Equity of AED 34.1 billion as of December 31st, 2014 making it one of the largest equity based Banks in the UAE. Apart from a wide local presence, FGB operates through branches in Singapore and Qatar, representative offices in India, Hong Kong, South Korea and the UK, and a subsidiary in Libya.
Become one of the leading consumer finance companies in the region
The vision serves as the framework for Dubai First’s road map and guides every aspect of its business by describing what it needs to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable quality growth.
Develop sustainable long term value for its stakeholders
The mission is enduring and declares the purpose as a company and serves as the standard against which Dubai First weighs its actions and decisions.
Dubai First Corporate Values
Dubai First team works together to deliver value to the stakeholders and its values guide the way and defines the attitudes and behaviours that will be required to make the Vision a reality. These values define how Dubai First wants to conduct itself, its business and help to create value for its clients, people and the organization.
Awards and Acknowledgements
We are a customer focused organization and strive to build and strengthen customer relationships through an unrivalled approach to quality service.
Among the many 'firsts' in innovations and awards from Dubai First are:
- 2016 - Dubai First was recognised at the Banker Middle East Awards 2016
- Best Consumer Finance Company
- Best SME Finance Company
- 2016 - Dubai Quality Appreciation Award
- Dubai First is privileged to be conferred with the Dubai Quality Appreciation Award 2015 at the 22nd Business Excellence Awards by the Department of Economic Development
- 2016 - Dubai First was recognised at the Asian Banker Awards 2016
- Best Non-Bank Consumer Finance Business in the Middle East
- Best Micro Finance Product in the Middle East
- 2016 - Dubai First was once again conferred the 'Superbrand' status
- 2015 - Dubai First was recognised at the International Finance Magazine Awards 2015
- Best Retail Finance Company, UAE
- Best Customer Loyalty Program (FINANCE), Middle East for Skyy Miles programme
- Best CSR Initiative, UAE
- 2015 - The International Business Awards (The Stevies)
- Human Resources Department of the Year (Silver)
- Human Resources Team of the Year (Silver)
- 2015 - Dubai First was conferred the 'Superbrand' status
- 2015 - Dubai First was recognised at the Banker Middle East Awards 2015
- Best Consumer Finance Company
- 2014 - Dubai MomentsTM card was recognised at the MasterCard Innovation Forum 2014, Singapore
- Most Innovative Consumer Marketing Campaign
- 2013 - Skyy Miles program was recognised at The Marketing Awards Middle East
- Best Loyalty Program - Financial Services
- 2013 - Skyy Miles Exclusive Visa Infinite card recognised at the Smart Cards Awards Middle East
- Best Premium Card
- 2012 - Titanium Life credit card recognised at the Smart Cards Awards Middle East
- Best Credit Card
- Best New Credit Card
- 2012 - The International Business Awards (The Stevies)
- Innovation in Customer Service
- Contact Center of the Year
- Customer Service Department of the Year
- 2010 - First credit card exclusively for UAE Nationals
- 2009 - First mobile virtual card pilot through a partnership with du
- 2009 - First community card in partnership with Dubai Properties Group
- 2008 - First tiered interest rate Business card product
- 2008 - MasterCard Best Premium Product award for the Royale Card
The Dubai First Strategy
Dubai First leadership team is focused to align the strategy with the goals, aspirations and objectives set by the Shareholders and Board of Directors. The strategy of the company is guided by the “Dubai First Integration, Growth and Sustenance” (DIGS) strategy. To view strategy framework, click here.
Dubai First has an impressive range of credit cards targeting niche segments, which is in line with its overall business strategy. The company continuously identifies opportunities in the credit card market and has introduced a number of card products catering to the consumer and commercial segments. With its sector-specific focus and innovation, the company has redefined the credit cards landscape across the region.
Dubai First’s latest addition to the products bouqet, Dubai First Personal Loans is the perfect solution for customers seeking instant, collateral - free personal loan plans.
Dubai First has partnered with regional and global insurance providers who offer the best in class products. The company’s aim is to provide insurance solutions to fit every lifestyle, ensuring the right coverage at the best value.
Dubai First offers SME Business Loan, a hassle-free solution that facilitates business entities to meet their small business needs including working capital requirements and other business expansion plans.
Corporate Fixed Deposit
The Dubai First Corporate Fixed Deposit is the ideal balance of growth and security and the perfect option for companies looking for liquidity, above-market returns and the security associated with traditional fixed deposits. The Dubai First Corporate Fixed Deposit delivers the right equilibrium of return and flexibility. This is supported by quality service through a team of experienced relationship managers.
The First Guarantee is a product introduced to facilitate the process of issuance of labour guarantee. This is the ideal option for small and large firms in the UAE to obtain labour guarantee - the service is free of processing fees and the guarantee amount earns attractive rates of interest. The launch of First Guarantee is in line with Dubai First's strategy to cater to the corporate sector with a multitude of products and services.
Network & Partnerships
Dubai First ensures the delivery of premium products and services through branches in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. Through partnerships with key banks and exchange houses, the company has built a network of over 1,100 payment locations across the UAE. The company's daily activities and transactions are supported through its strategic alliances with leading global organizations across payment processing, cards embossing, cards statementing, and logistics management. Partnerships are defined and placed in categories on a value continuum: Non-Core, Core, Strategic Providers and Innovation Stakeholders.